General Terms & Conditions
In these conditions of sale:
The company means : Rainford Turf Farms
A Company Owned by Alan Griffiths Turf Farms Ltd.
Correspondence head Office Address: The Turf Farm Little Ferny Knoll Farm, Ferny Knoll Road, Rainford, St Helens, WA11 7TQ
The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
Submission of a purchase order, online or over the phone, via email, or via fax, will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
The company reserve at all times the right to change prices, change terms for
offers, alter offers and special offers without notice.
2) Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that: contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from
Consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis. The customer fully is made aware that. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Turf is a Perishable products & may show some Slight colour variations Dependant on the Time of Year. All sizes quoted are approximate. The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 5 working days after the complaint has been logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price. All prices quoted by the company for the sale of Goods include the cost of delivery unless otherwise stated. Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering. Prices quoted are all-inclusive & delivered unless otherwise stated.
The company will make every effort to deliver on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever. Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the delivery vehicles to the nearest safe point for delivery. The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery. If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred.
Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. The company will confirm the outcome by e-mail. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. This above action must be completed before 2.00 pm on the day prior to delivery. E-mail confirmation of orders also request the customer to contact the company if a delivery problem may occur. Delivery vehicles may use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is often then
used to manoeuvre the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
CUSTOMERS WILL BE ABLE TO SELECT A PREFERRED DELIVERY DAY AT THE FINAL CHECKOUT. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT AT ALL TIMES TO ALTER DELIVERY DATES SHOULD THE ITEM BE OUT OF STOCK ETC, WE WILL CONTACT THE CUSTOMER SHOULD THIS HAPPEN.
Cancellations / Returns Policy
1. The customer has the right to cancel any product or services except perishable goods which are listed in sub point 4 below. Any cancellation must be made within 7 days from the date of the order being placed.
2. Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be by one of the following methods:
a. E Mail to email@example.com
b. Letter to The Turf Farm Little Ferny Knoll Farm Ferny Knoll Road Rainford St Helens wa11 7TQ. Letters will be deemed to have been received two working days following the postmark date.
3. Customers are required to return Non Perishable Goods, at their own expense, to Little Ferny Knoll Farm Ferny Knoll Road Rainford St Helens WA11 7TQ. Perishable Goods are Turf. All other goods i.e. Topsoil are non-perishable.
4. Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005.
5. Should a Vat receipt be required, please contact the office on 01695 50792, please note, the Flat Rate Farming addition for v.a.t will then be added on top of any prices quoted on this website, but only on the relevant products.
6. The customer is responsible for giving the correct delivery address. Failure to do this will result in the customer being responsible for any re-delivery charges that have been incurred as a result.
7. We reserve the right at all times to cancel any order, that is showing incorrect pricing, or delivery due to customers incorrectly inputting or choosing of delivery postcodes etc, whether by intent or otherwise.
8. Payments, you can pay online securely by debit or credit cards, you can pay cash on delivery or you can pay over the phone via debit card, there is no extra charge, however if paying over the phone with a credit card or MasterCard, or business card you will incur an addition 3.5% charge. This will be pointed out to you when you place your telephone order.
9. The customer or their agent are at all times responsible for ordering the correct amount of any products.
10. We reserve the right at all times to add a handling charge on returned goods, and will charge a collection surcharge on any goods we collect.
Any order amendments must be made before goods are despatched, despatch may be up to five working days prior to delivery. A unique amendment reference will be returned with your amendment confirmation email; this will be needed in any further correspondence or dispute. We are unable to amend orders after despatch.
4) Company Premises
The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment. The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation. Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the products they have bought from the place of delivery to the area of use. The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.
5) Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sundays are not working days. These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.